|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The System Administrator will manage and monitor MPR's server infrastructure including Windows servers, VMware, SAN and NAS, databases, and backups. The individual will participate in research and development to enable continuing innovation within the current infrastructure and collaborate with other business leaders on potential advancements. This position works closely with the Network Administrator and offers the unique opportunity to be involved in all of the back-end IT functions at MPR. The Systems Administrator also provides guidance and leadership within their area of expertise to other Technical Support Services team members.
US citizenship is required.
|Duties:||Duties and Responsibilities
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, purchases, and backups for servers and associated applications.
- Monitor server and application performance and resources; develop performance metrics and appropriate reports.
- Identify, research, resolve, and document server and application problems, both hardware and software.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems procurement and development efforts.
- Assume responsibility for Tier 3 escalated server and application support requests from the Help Desk and help advance skills of other team members to reduce escalated requests.
- Participate in negotiations with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure products and services related to servers and applications.
- Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration.
- Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users and managers.
- Participate in planning and implementing disaster recovery procedures, and plan and implement a mobile device management solution.
- Work occasional evenings and weekends as required supporting emergencies and MPR business goals, specifically to include providing 24/7 IT phone support on a rotating basis with other members of the IT department.
- Perform other duties related to MPR IT support as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline is preferred.
- 5+ years experience in systems administration or a related field in a Professional Services/Engineering firm is preferred.
- This position requires strong customer service and project management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Server Operating Systems and Active Directory, VMware, SAN and NAS storage, and Symantec Backup Exec backup software is required.
- Microsoft certifications are a plus. The individual is expected to possess or obtain Microsoft MCSA certification within one year of employment.
- Occasional travel to branch offices for system maintenance.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.